Today’s guest is Jesse Thomas – an elite, master coach and author who is working relentlessly to bridge the gap between science, technology and application to positively change as many lives as possible through fitness.
From the creators of the groundbreaking Sports, Energy and Consciousness Festival™ comes OMNI Athlete™, a new weekly interview show that explores the perspectives of the world’s highest achieving mind, body and spirit competitors to learn their secrets for accessing peak performance. Hosted by Josh Crist, OMNI Athlete is designed to give athletes the techniques and knowledge they need to access their peak performance state. Subscribe for new episodes every Tuesday.
- “As long as you care you’re going to be headed in the right direction.”
- “The energy that you give is the energy that you get.”
- “There’s something to be said about that calm and collected leader.”
- “His job is just to coach their emotions and rally their energy.”
What You Will Learn from This Episode
- What allows you to be a successful coach
- Why just being able to bridge science and technology isn’t enough as a peak performance coach
- The primary variables that make group fitness and athletic training different to the coach and the athlete
- How to have a deeper connection to what you’re doing than just the physical movement
- What allows coaches to authentically live the life that they ask their teams and players to live
- What adaptation, spirituality and neurology have in common
- Why a training regiment rooted in variety is critical to maintaining emotional control and awareness
- The energetic relationship between coach and player
- How to rally the energy of a team to decrease stress and maintain performance