Today’s guest is Joe De Sena – a bestselling author, endurance athlete and entrepreneur who is on a mission to get 100 million people moving and off the couch through his company Spartan.
From the creators of the groundbreaking Sports, Energy and Consciousness Festival™ comes OMNI Athlete™, a new weekly interview show that explores the perspectives of the world’s highest achieving mind, body and spirit competitors to learn their secrets for accessing peak performance. Hosted by Josh Crist, OMNI Athlete is designed to give athletes the techniques and knowledge they need to access their peak performance state. Subscribe for new episodes every Tuesday.
- “I just put one foot in front of the other and muscle through it.”
- “What kept Spartans focused… and training like no one we know has ever trained was impending battles.”
- “Human beings need somebody, they need something to hold them accountability.”
- “Do something that will force you to live a holistic and healthy lifestyle.”
- “If life is going to get harder, shouldn’t we practice for harder?”
What You Will Learn from This Episode
- How your core values affect performance
- What it looks like to balance your self-care with relentless effort
- Why extreme physical exertion sharpens your focus
- What holds elite athletes accountable and how you can leverage the same principles
- Why you need to be connecting your mind with your body
- How to change your frame of reference