Today’s guest is Ginny Whitelaw – an academically trained biophysicist, author, Zen Master, coach and 5th degree black belt in Aikido who has dedicated her life to developing leaders.
From the creators of the groundbreaking Sports, Energy and Consciousness Festival™ comes OMNI Athlete™, a new weekly interview show that explores the perspectives of the world’s highest achieving mind, body and spirit competitors to learn their secrets for accessing peak performance. Hosted by Josh Crist, OMNI Athlete is designed to give athletes the techniques and knowledge they need to access their peak performance state. Subscribe for new episodes every Tuesday.
- “If you want to reach the peak of your game you have to start meditating.”
- “Zen targets fear in a unique way.”
- “The fear can be deeply embedded in the physical body.”
- “If I don’t trace it, it’s going to stay there.”
- “When things are awkward it means we’re running into ourselves.”
- “When you make something physical you make it trainable.”
- “Why did I make this about me?”
- “If we’re trying to get through we might stop, if we’re trying to breakthrough we’ll keep going.”
What You Will Learn from This Episode
- How fear based decisions can lead to authentic development
- Where fear is based
- How tracing the roots of emotion uncovers our core needs
- Why integration is the key to team cohesion
- The power you can draw from grace
- Why awkwardness is a sign of being in our own way
- How deep physical training transforms your mindset
- The four patterns in our nervous system that connect to personality
- What impedes a leader’s ability to connect with their joy
Follow Ginny Whitelaw
- WEBSITE: http://bit.ly/2V2e41j
SPONSORED BY WILD ZORA: http://bit.ly/2UbIcHk
For the month of April – get 30% off of ALL WILD ZORA products by putting in the code: TEAMOMNI30 at checkout.
Here’s a bit about Wild Zora and why we chose to partner with them:
Zora and her husband Josh moved to Colorado in 2012, and were taking their family hiking and skiing most weekends. They were sick of all of the sugary energy bars on the market and how they were full of ingredients they couldn’t pronounce and left them feeling hungry an hour later.
In 2014, Zora started mixing grass-fed free-range beef with organic vegetables from her garden in her home kitchen in Fort Collins. She baked them and sent them with her kids for all of their activities and called them Meat & Veggie Bars.
Now, Meat & Veggie bars are distributed nationwide, but they have the same core values of grass-fed free-range meat with organic fruits and veggies.
Whole food clean ingredients that are full of protein, gluten and grain free, no sugar added other than what is in the fruit, no preservatives other than sea salt, dates and apricots. These are energy bars for the balanced, holistically minded OMNI athlete that cares about the quality that goes into their body, not just the calorie count.
They give you long-lasting energy rather than a quick, sugary, carb-loaded boost, so they are good for the OMNI endurance tribe too.
Safe and delicious for your whole family to eat, so it supports the lifestyle of an OMNI athlete too.
Grab your Wild Zora bars here: http://bit.ly/2UbIcHk