Today’s guest is Grace Upshaw Tyler – a former long jumper who transformed herself from a ‘walk-on’ college athlete, into a 5 x U.S. Champion, 5 x World Championship Team Member, and a 2x Olympian who was also inducted into the Cal athletic hall of fame in 2014 – by harnessing her desire for growth, love of competition, physical strength and the power of a focused mind.
From the creators of the groundbreaking Sports, Energy and Consciousness Festival™ comes OMNI Athlete™, a new weekly interview show that explores the perspectives of the world’s highest achieving mind, body and spirit competitors to learn their secrets for accessing peak performance. Hosted by Josh Crist, OMNI Athlete is designed to give athletes the techniques and knowledge they need to access their peak performance state. Subscribe for new episodes every Tuesday.
- “It was a physical-mental connection. It was freeing.”
- “It felt like I was doing something my body was meant to be doing.”
- “My journey started with yoga.”
- “The classes were challenging… but they were a physical gratitude practice.”
- “I learned to breathe through pain.”
What You Will Learn from This Episode
- Why loving competition is critical to peak performance
- How injuries can create opportunities for expanded awareness
- How the circadian rhythm of sport affects your entire life
- Why listening to your body can liberate trapped emotional energy
- How curiosity unleashes your capacity to experience joy
- The mindset required to go from a walk-on to an olympic athlete
- What happens to your performance when you attune your with a physical gratitude practice
- How to play games with yourself to get your mind off of pain
- Why exhaling through mental pain is just like physical pain
Follow Grace Upshaw Tyler
- WEBSITE: http://bit.ly/2XArxKu
SPONSORED BY WILD ZORA: http://bit.ly/2UbIcHk
For the month of April – get 30% off of ALL WILD ZORA products by putting in the code: TEAMOMNI30 at checkout.
Here’s a bit about Wild Zora and why we chose to partner with them:
Zora and her husband Josh moved to Colorado in 2012, and were taking their family hiking and skiing most weekends. They were sick of all of the sugary energy bars on the market and how they were full of ingredients they couldn’t pronounce and left them feeling hungry an hour later.
In 2014, Zora started mixing grass-fed free-range beef with organic vegetables from her garden in her home kitchen in Fort Collins. She baked them and sent them with her kids for all of their activities and called them Meat & Veggie Bars.
Now, Meat & Veggie bars are distributed nationwide, but they have the same core values of grass-fed free-range meat with organic fruits and veggies.
Whole food clean ingredients that are full of protein, gluten and grain free, no sugar added other than what is in the fruit, no preservatives other than sea salt, dates and apricots. These are energy bars for the balanced, holistically minded OMNI athlete that cares about the quality that goes into their body, not just the calorie count.
They give you long-lasting energy rather than a quick, sugary, carb-loaded boost, so they are good for the OMNI endurance tribe too.
Safe and delicious for your whole family to eat, so it supports the lifestyle of an OMNI athlete too.
Grab your Wild Zora bars here: http://bit.ly/2UbIcHk