Today’s guest is Kristen Ulmer – an author, athlete, fear specialist and facilitator who was recognized by the outdoor industry as the most fearless extreme female athlete in North America during her 12 year run as the best woman big-mountain (extreme) skier in the world.
From the creators of the groundbreaking Sports, Energy and Consciousness Festival™ comes OMNI Athlete™, a new weekly interview show that explores the perspectives of the world’s highest achieving mind, body and spirit competitors to learn their secrets for accessing peak performance. Hosted by Josh Crist, OMNI Athlete is designed to give athletes the techniques and knowledge they need to access their peak performance state. Subscribe for new episodes every Tuesday.
- “I say we have to learn how to love our fear.”
- “Embracing my intimacy with fear is what helped me a world class athlete.”
- “Neurochemically, fear and excitement are the same thing.”
- “We’ve replaced the word fear with anything else.”
- “I love to personify fear.”
- “When you are willing to feel an emotion it takes you into your body.”
- “You + fear = super-you.”
- “I was burnt out fighting a war on fear.”
Mentioned in this Episode
- How love and fear fit together for athletes
- Why you don’t perform very well from a place of love
- How to cultivate an intimate relationship with fear
- The four ways athletes typically deal with fear
- Why what we know fear to be isn’t actually fear
- How fear coming into your system takes you into flow state
- The way to identify and proactively end fear shaming
- How you can honor fear
- What the true cause of burnout it
- The reason why athletes learn to fight fear
- How to know if you’re not dealing with your fear in a healthy way
Follow Kristen Ulmer
- WEBSITE: http://bit.ly/2Blfruf
- FACEBOOK: http://bit.ly/2BS3flP
- INSTAGRAM: http://bit.ly/2BZuxsR
- TWITTER: http://bit.ly/2BmDZD2
SPONSORED BY WILD ZORA: http://bit.ly/2UbIcHk
For the month of April – get 30% off of ALL WILD ZORA products by putting in the code: TEAMOMNI30 at checkout.
Here’s a bit about Wild Zora and why we chose to partner with them:
Zora and her husband Josh moved to Colorado in 2012, and were taking their family hiking and skiing most weekends. They were sick of all of the sugary energy bars on the market and how they were full of ingredients they couldn’t pronounce and left them feeling hungry an hour later.
In 2014, Zora started mixing grass-fed free-range beef with organic vegetables from her garden in her home kitchen in Fort Collins. She baked them and sent them with her kids for all of their activities and called them Meat & Veggie Bars.
Now, Meat & Veggie bars are distributed nationwide, but they have the same core values of grass-fed free-range meat with organic fruits and veggies.
Whole food clean ingredients that are full of protein, gluten and grain free, no sugar added other than what is in the fruit, no preservatives other than sea salt, dates and apricots. These are energy bars for the balanced, holistically minded athlete that cares about the quality that goes into their body, not just the calorie count.
Give you long-lasting energy rather than a quick, sugary, carb-loaded boost, so they are good for endurance athletes.
Safe and delicious for your whole family to eat, so it supports the lifestyle athlete (hiker, skier, camper, yogi).
Grab your Wild Zora bars here: http://bit.ly/2UbIcHk