Today’s guest is Ryan LaPlante – a former professional lacrosse goalie for the Denver Outlaws, who set the career record for wins and saves as a goalie at the University of Denver – a career that also included winning the first national championship in program history.
From the creators of the groundbreaking Sports, Energy and Consciousness Festival™ comes Omni Athlete™, a new weekly interview show that explores the perspectives of the world’s highest achieving mind, body and spirit competitors to learn their secrets for accessing peak performance. Hosted by Josh Crist, Omni Athlete is designed to give athletes the techniques and knowledge they need to access their peak performance state. Subscribe for new episodes every Tuesday.
- “Don’t let the highs be too high and don’t the let the lows be too low.” [3:08]
- “I trusted and knew that it worked.” [15:57]
- “Some of the best goalies out there are super passionate, crazy… but also even keel.” [19:54]
- Why having a mentor (Trevor Tierney) was so impactful to Ryan’s development [2:20]
- How he used meditation and the mindfulness off the field [5:35]
- What boundaries athletes have to draw and define [6:55]
- Scott Ford, Trevor Tierney and Ryan’s journey with the Parallel Model Process [10:58]
- How the speed of lacrosse changes as the levels of competition change [22:32]
- Ryan’s fundamental skills to becoming a great lacrosse goalie [23:27]
- Being a reactionary lacrosse goalie [25:49]