Today’s guest is Jon Root – a former Olympic Beach Volleyball player and a member of the Stanford athletics hall of fame, who sees life as the ultimate spiritual sport.
From the creators of the groundbreaking Sports, Energy and Consciousness Festival™ comes Omni Athlete™, a new weekly interview show that explores the perspectives of the world’s highest achieving mind, body and spirit competitors to learn their secrets for accessing peak performance. Co-hosted by Rich Walcoff and Josh Crist, Omni Athlete is designed to give athletes the techniques and knowledge they need to access their peak performance state. Subscribe for new episodes every Tuesday.
- “Life the spiritual sport became an operating paradigm for me.” [4:18]
- “The younger age groups are not exposed to enduring a challenge to a satisfactory growth point.”[8:20]
- “There is a transcendental component to performance.” [23:03]
- “Heart based and heart spaced action only.” [36:36]
- Where Jon’s philosophy was shaped [2:30]
- The challenge of making esoteric principles tangible for athletes [5:27]
- How to understand when you’ve endured too long, or not long enough [9:11]
- Mapping the skills gained in sport to life in general [13:27]
- Performing from the heart [16:49]
- Creativity within sport [24:46]
- Building trust and communication in teams [28:29]
- Food, consciousness and sports performance [30:43]
Follow Jon Root
- WEBSITE: http://bit.ly/2pcf40k