Today’s guest is Dr. Stephen Barrie – a physician, scientist, entrepreneur and one of the founding pioneers in the microbiome field, who has dedicated his life to providing tools and information for people to improve their health.
From the creators of the groundbreaking Sports, Energy and Consciousness Festival™ comes Omni Athlete™, a new weekly interview show that explores the perspectives of the world’s highest achieving mind, body and spirit competitors to learn their secrets for accessing peak performance. Co-hosted by Rich Walcoff and Josh Crist, Omni Athlete is designed to give athletes the techniques and knowledge they need to access their peak performance state. Subscribe for new episodes every Tuesday.
- “There’s no healthy food.” [5:39]
- “Everything I do, I think of in terms an athlete because I want to accomplish and be my best – and help people in the best way I can – that’s by being a good performing athlete.” [30:06]
- The connection between our gut and emotions [0:27]
- The evolution of our understanding around diets and performance [4:31]
- Training intensity and leaky gut [9:24]
- Inflammation and performance [12:53]
- Fractals and the microbiome [21:38]
- What makes Viome’s technology unique [24:42]