Today’s guest is Derrick Furlow Jr. – an author, entrepreneur, speaker and former University of Tennessee football player who turned his effort, willingness to add value and the release of his ego into a mindset of impacting, inspiring and empowering.
From the creators of the groundbreaking Sports, Energy and Consciousness Festival™ comes Omni Athlete™, a new weekly interview show that explores the perspectives of the world’s highest achieving mind, body and spirit competitors to learn their secrets for accessing peak performance. Co-hosted by Rich Walcoff and Josh Crist, Omni Athlete is designed to give athletes the techniques and knowledge they need to access their peak performance state. Subscribe for new episodes every Tuesday.
- “Who you know will get you in the door, what you know will keep you in the door.” [6:20]
- “The sports stage was a temporary stage for my permanent purpose.” [8:45]
- “Let good things in so great things can begin.” [23:20]
- The price athletes must pay when they transition [1:50]
- The unfair advantages that sport give us [3:40]
- Valuing and applying relationships in sport [6:10]
- Going beyond the identity of an athlete [8:10]
- Connecting to spirit as an athlete [11:10]
- Where to start with a freshly transitioning athlete [15:20]
- The different types of happiness that athletes experience [20:25]
- Ths skills we bring with us from sport into life [27:10]
- Letting go of our ego when we transition from sport [33:10]