Per Bristow is a world-renowned voice and performance coach, athlete and the creator of The Bristow Voice Method.
This elite peak performer and coach, who has helped people from 132 countries become more empowered as communicators, performers and human beings reveals how giving yourself the permission to fail can unlock peak performance.
From the creators of the groundbreaking Sports, Energy and Consciousness Festival™ comes Omni Athlete™, a new weekly interview show that explores the perspectives of the world’s highest achieving mind, body and spirit competitors to learn their secrets for accessing peak performance. Hosted by longtime NFL sportscaster for the San Francisco 49ers, Rich Walcoff, Omni Athlete is designed to give athletes the techniques and knowledge they need to access their peak performance state. Subscribe for new episodes every Tuesday.
- “The need to control implies the fear of being out of control.” [10:35]
- “Let’s give ourselves permission to sound like sh*t.” [13:50]
- “Why do we become so upset if things don’t go well?” [20:35]
- “I want to be a role model for what’s possible.” [38:30]
- “Dreams fire me up to learn something.” [46:30]
- “It’s not how much you do it, it’s the awareness you have when you do something.” [45:25]
- “We are all athletes.” [51:10]
- Performing with Freedom as a path to peak performance [2:22]
- Overcoming and understanding fear and performance anxiety [4:25]
- The role of trust in performance [10:30]
- Learning to coach and foster a love in the process over the result [14:55]
- Practicing and failing [23:30]
- The biochemical highs and lows of performance [31:00]
- Talent vs. cultivating a skill intentionally [42:15]
- Coaching kids to love the process [56:30]
Referenced in This Episode
Follow Per Bristow