Charli Turner Thorne is the women’s basketball Head Coach at Arizona State University, the winningest coach in Sun Devil women’s basketball history and No. 2 in the Pac-12 in most career wins with 400.
This elite college coach, who is one of only three Pac-10/12 coaches to have reached the 300 career wins mark reveals how competing with a joyful spirit can unlock peak performance.
From the creators of the groundbreaking Sports, Energy and Consciousness Festival™ comes Omni Athlete™, a new weekly interview show that explores the perspectives of the world’s highest achieving mind, body and spirit competitors to learn their secrets for accessing peak performance. Hosted by longtime NFL sportscaster for the San Francisco 49ers, Rich Walcoff, Omni Athlete is designed to give athletes the techniques and knowledge they need to access their peak performance state. Subscribe for new episodes every Tuesday.
- “Without athletics these days, college students are pretty stressed out.” [9:30]
- “You can’t really talk your way to peak performance.” [12:10]
- “Relaxed body. Calm mind. Joyful spirit.” [16:15]
- “Becoming a mom made me a better coach.” [18:58]
- “Manage your energy effectively.” [21:15]
- “I’m challenging them to do things, not just teach them about it.” [33:45]
- “The Omni Athlete is the athlete who has the calm mind, relaxed body and joyful spirit.” [40:55]
- What Charli does to get the best out of her players and her approach to coaching [4:30]
- Whole-person coaching and what it means to Charli [7:00]
- EFT’s impact on her team and players [10:35]
- The parallels of coaching and parenting [18:45]
- Managing life and the pursuit of peak performance with balance [27:30]
- How she develops leaders in her program [32:20]
Referenced in This Episode
- Tara Vanderveer: http://bit.ly/2mwRyu6
- Greg Warburton: http://bit.ly/2hVOxRz
- Teri Pipe: http://bit.ly/2D7qR9V
- Growth Mindset: http://bit.ly/2D6EWUY
- The Program: http://bit.ly/2CWBHLy